Your wellbeing: our highest priority.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Almhof Schneider this winter season – however different the circumstances we may be in.
We want to safeguard your health as well as ensure a carefree stay, both of which are vital for your wellbeing.
When putting measures in place, we are seeking to employ our soundest judgement and to decide with reason what will be appropriate and effective. At the same time, we will fully comply with any government guidelines and the requirements established by the public authorities.
All the decisions have been made in agreement with our staff: they are the ones who are most familiar with the hotel and with you, our longstanding guests, and who will ensure that all the pertinent measures are respected by everyone.
It is important for us that your stay is as pleasant and relaxing as ever, so we have thought very carefully about exactly which measures are necessary in order to ensure the highest possible safety standards while imposing an absolute minimum of restrictions.
Aspects like impeccable hygiene and state-of-the-art technology have always been a matter of course at Almhof Schneider.
One crucial change, however, seems to be absolutely inevitable this coming winter season: to provide exclusive access for our house guests to most of our premises, and above all the day bar and our restaurants.
In the following you will find all detailed information on specific measures in the different facilities of the hotel.
The Winterkodex Vorarlberg summarises the resources and measures in place to ensure a carefree, and above all, safe holiday for you. The State of Vorarlberg and its tourism partners have put together a comprehensive winter strategy. Also the municipality of Lech and the lift company, Ski Arlberg are carefully preparing for the coming winter season.
Safety measures at Hotel Almhof Schneider
External guests are admitted to “Wunderkammer” only for lunch and dinner this winter season; for aperitifs, the billard room on the ground floor will also be available.
Table reservations are mandatory for both, lunch and dinner and the use of QR code registration for all external guests will be required by law.
In Wunderkammer, due to reduced seating, tables can be booked with staggered timings:
Lunch: 12.00pm – 3.00 pm
Dinner: 6.30 pm – 8.00 pm or 8.15 pm – 10.00 pm
All the other areas of the hotel are reserved for our house guests.
Specific measures will be implemented in the different hotel areas depending on the specific needs and requirements.
– Hand sanitizers will be available throughout the premises
– Pocket-size hand sanitizers and different types of face masks will be available for purchase at our reception
– To avoid spreading aerosols, our staff is wearing certificated FFP2 masks throughout the hotel
– Our staff are undergoing continuous training according to the changing requirements and our own safety concept
– The health of employees is checked regularly and consistently: This starts with a PCR test before the first day on duty and continues with weekly tests
– Strict separation of laundry cycles
Arrival and departure
– We recommend taking a PCR test as close as possible to the date of your arrival at the hotel
– For a PCR-Test in Dornbirn a early registration is recommended
– Rapid-antigen tests are offered by all doctors in Lech
– Additionally we will try to offer in-house testing
– We will implement contactless procedures by using new technologies
– Damp cleaning several times a day and thorough disinfection of all surfaces (including textiles and mattresses) with single-use, disposable gloves
– In-depth cleaning of frequently used objects such as door handles, handrails, controls buttons etc.
– Use of certified detergents in our laundry room
In order to be able to book your planned winter holiday with confidence, the county of Vorarlberg offers a Covid-19 cancellation insurance for all guest bookings during the 2020/21 winter season for free with certain restrictions.
– Insured event: Covid-19 illness or an officially ordered quarantine for guests or their family members living in the same household
– Proof: Booking confirmation, cancellation invoice including cancellation scale overview, official/medical confirmation of the disease on Covid-19 or official quarantine notification
– Sum insured: up to 3,000 euros per person for the whole stay
– Guaranteed reimbursement in case of Covid-19 infection or quarantine regardless of the development of the pandemic
Eating & drinking
Government guidelines are forcing us to serve food and drinks only in places which are specifically destined for eating and drinking.
The distances between tables will comply strictly with the requirements established by the public authorities.
– “Wunderkammer” and “Restaurant at Almhof Schneider”
In the evening, tables in the “Wunderkammer” can be booked in two seatings
Lunch: 12.00 pm – 3.00 pm
Dinner: 6.30 pm – 8.00 pm or 8.15 pm – 10.00 pm
Our house guests will have priority for all bookings. However, due to reduced seating capacities we would like to ask you to book your table in a timely manner, above all at lunch time.
Those house guests who wish to invite friends for lunch or dinner are kindly asked to book a table in Wunderkammer.
– Day bar
This winter season, the day bar as the “Almhof living room” will be at the exclusive disposal of our house guests.
As usual, our lunch menu will be available at the day bar for our house guests even after 3 pm.
– Dining room
We will do our best to spread out peak times by making our opening hours more flexible:
Breakfast 7.00 am – 11.00 am
Dinner 6.30 pm – 10.00 pm
As ever, for breakfast, aside from two small buffets, we will be offering à la carte served breakfast, which we will be extended as part of our measures.
– Room service
As usual, our guests will also have the option of in-room dining.
Our Kids Club will be at the exclusive disposal of our house guests.
Spa area / fitness
– Exclusive access for our house guests only
– Redistribution of the machines under strict compliance with the established minimum distances and frequent thorough cleaning
– Reduced maximum occupancy as established by the Austrian bathing hygiene ordinance (see notices at the entrances of each facility)
– Cosmetic treatments will be available without restrictions – in compliance with the safety regulation